Sensing Transitions offers a wide variety of services, including:
- Create an overall relocation plan - We will complete a written proposal, to serve as our guideline and an assessment for you of your options.
- Space Planning - Furniture measurement and floor plan design
- Rightsize, sort and organize - We understand that rightsizing a lifetime a memories can be challenging. We enjoy listening to the wonderful stories of how you came upon this item and that, and will work side by side with you to make sure your most treasured items travel with you to your new home. We will tackle closets, storage areas and any area that needs to be downsized and/or organized.
- Arrange for profitable disposal of unwanted items through estate sales and/or facilitating consignment or auction pieces
- Packing services - Our staff will carefully pack all of your household items to move, to donate, etc.
- Assist in the search for your new residence - If you have not already chosen a new home, we will assist you in providing the options that are available to you - independent living, assisted living, continuing care, condos, apartments, etc.
- Coordinate and supervise movers - We refer only the most competent movers, who are licensed, insured and bonded, and work side by side with them to ensure a smooth and stress-free move for you
- Coordinate utilities - We will assist in having your utilities turned off at your current location
- and have them turned on in your new home. We will also assist in having your mail forwarded with USPS.
- Disposal of unwanted items - We will arrange for the charity of your choice to come and pick up your unwanted items, and we will also deliver items to charitable organizations. If you have items that need to be thrown away, we will see to it that they are disposed of properly.
- Arrange for sale of existing home - If you are in need of a realtor, we can refer you to local realtors. If you are already working with a realtor, we will work with them in any capacity needed.
- Assist in home sale preparation - If you need work done on your home prior to sale, we can assist in locating contractors, etc. to complete projects. We can also stage your home for optimal effectiveness.
- Act as moving day coordinator - Why not head out for a day of shopping, or lunch with family or friends and let us handle everything?!
- Unpack and organize belongings in your new home - On move day, we will have your phones and computers connected, your beds made and your belongings unpacked so that you can spend the first night comfortably, in your new home.
- Design services – Our decorator is available to assist with your new home design should you require designer detail, new upholstery, window treatments, etc. We will also hang your pictures, televisions, chandeliers, etc.
- Arrange and oversee the final clean up of your old residence
- Manage related services, such as cleaning, shopping, and senior escort
- If your move is to a retirement community we will also assist in getting you settled by working hands-on with the marketing and activities personnel to ensure that you feel comfortable in your new home.
Estate Liquidation Services
We specialize in both large and small estate liquidations, and take great care in every aspect of our sales to provide: Proper organizing of items for sale * Pricing the items * Arranging appealing displays * Researching items to ensure optimal pricing * Advertising * Conduct the sale * Trained staff * Arranging for disposal of unsold items * Arranging for final housekeeping * All accounting aspects * Let you de-stress!
Comissions range from 30% - 50% of total sales, depending on services provided, to include a total clean out of your home, if desired.
Advertising, advertising, advertising! We utilize the best Internet advertising, including photos, social media, maps and e-mails. We send a mass email notification to our ever growing database of subscribers, and we write and place newspaper ads. We also post highly visible signs directing traffic to the sales.
To schedule a complimentary consultation, please call Tina Sensing at 404-867-7676.
Estate Sale FAQs
"Why should I have an onsite estate sale?"
Having an estate sale on-site will bring in more money from the sale of personal property than by any other means of liquidation. Your items are more appealing and sell better when they are displayed in an appropriate atmosphere. An on-site sale offers the convenience of no packing and no moving, both of which can result in damage to merchandise.
"Why should I hire an estate sale agent?"
An estate sale agent serves as an overseer of the sale of all items included and will work to bring in collectors, dealers and buyers willing to pay the best prices. Identification of and placing a value on antiques, collectibles and household items, coupled with the knowledge of the best fair-market value for merchandise take study and experience. It involves continual research. In short, it takes a full time professional who specializes in the work. The extra money an experienced agent can realize for you from just a few items, priced right, can sometimes pay the entire commission charged for the sale.
"How much will it cost to have an agent do my sale?"
It will cost nothing out of pocket, other than the $50 non-refundable set up fee. We charge a commission based on the size of the sale, how much work is involved to prepare and run the sale and whether or not there will be travel expenses should the sale be located in a city outside the normal range of operation. A comfortable range of commission on the sale is between 30-50%. We charge 30-40% if we are simply coming into a home that is somewhat organized, we provide set up, research, advertising, accounting and conduct the sale. The difference between 30 and 40% depends on the size of the sale. At the end of the sale we sweep, leave and pay you your proceeds.
We are also available for more strenuous organization pre-sale, and a total clean out after the sale, to include charity pick up, trash removal, etc. These sales range from 40-50%.
Other than the commission and deposit, the owner's only expenses are for any special permits or licenses required, and if an appraiser is needed for certain high value items.
"When are estate sales usually held?"
The sale itself is conducted usually from Friday - Sunday. However each sale is unique and the hours and days are determined accordingly.
"How long does it take to prepare a sale?"
A good estate sale professional will be able to keep preparation time to a minimum, usually two weeks for an average size sale. Time will be given to searching the house for any unusual and/or valuable items which will need buyers whoses interests lay in those special areas and to be certain that everything is organized and displayed appropriately before the sale begins.
"What does an estate sale agent do to protect my property?"
An agent will secure small, valuable items into locking display cases and assign a staff member to watch these items and to assist customers in selecting them. Staff will be directed to station themselves throughout the house where they can observe the customers and to watch the merchandise to prevent theft. They will direct customers to exit only through the designated exit. Agent will limit the number of customers allowed inside the house to a controllable number. Should any customer be observed in a manner that could cause damage to any item of personal property or to the house or yard, agent will promptly escort the customer out.
"How long after the sale will I receive my proceeds?"
Complete accounting of a sale is usually completed within 5-10 days.
"How early should I contact you if I am thinking of having a sale?"
NOW. We would love to put your sale on our calendar ASAP, to reserve those dates for you. We get calls and emails daily about holding sales, so to ensure that you get the dates that you would like please prepare early.
"What does clean out mean?"
We offer clean out services, after we hold the estate sale. That means that we will pack all leftover items, that client does not want, or we do not send to auction or consignment, and we will call in a charity to pick up. We will remove all trash and do a broom clean, so that the home is ready for the realtor or new owner.
Charges for Sensing Transitions are, for the most part, based on hourly rates and will vary by project. Each move is unique. Once we evaluate the situation we will provide you with a written estimate. If you would like an idea of price ranges, please contact us at 404-867-7676
, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
"I was extremely pleased with your expertise and helpers. I have made many moves, but Sensing Transitions was exceptional. My furnishings were wrapped. This was a first for me. The movers were rapid and extremely courteous. It was the first time I ever experienced such professionalism and thank you for making this move less exhausting."
- Estelle, Alpharetta
"I've never seen people work as fast and thoroughly as all of you did! It was incredible. I liked all the people who worked for us and appreciate how thoroughly you worked. We hardly had to do anything (except worry!) The place looks great and I like it very much. Thanks to all of you for the best move I've ever had!!